Your water bill will be mailed on the last business day of each month and is due on the 10th of the month.
Accounts not paid after the 10th will be charged a 10% penalty. All accounts not paid by the 11th of the month will receive a disconnect notice. Any account unpaid after date stated in the disconnect notice will be disconnected. If the field employee is at your residence to disconnect your water, he must at that point disconnect the water. The field employees cannot take any form of payment! To restore service, the bill MUST be paid in full plus a $30.00 reconnect fee. Should a customer pay to have their water reconnected after 3:00 p.m., the service will not be reconnected until the next business day.
When paying in person – please bring your entire bill with you.
For your convenience we accept: Checks, cash, money order, Master Card, Visa, Discover and debit cards
Please mail payments to:
Caldwell County Water District
118 West Market Street
Princeton, KY 42445
Night deposit service – This service is available on our front door. We will not be responsible for payments left in the night deposit without a bill card.
Bank draft payments – Sign a bank draft sign-up form at our office and provide a voided check.
If your bill is past due, Caldwell County Water District will do the following:
- Caldwell County Water District will mail you a written notice reminding you that your bill has not been paid. Your water service will be disconnected unless the past due balance is paid before the cut off date shown on the cut off notice.
- If you receive your next monthly bill before paying your prior bill, you DO NOT have an extension of time to pay your prior bill before being disconnected.
You are responsible for:
- Paying your bill by the due date;
- Letting us know before we must disconnect your service that you cannot pay all of your water bill;
- Protection of the domestic water supply to ensure drinking water does not become contaminated;
- Installing back flow prevention at your expense upon notification that a hazard exists;
- Preventing the cross connection of the water service provided by the system to any other source of water. No physical connections can be made by the customer to any other water distribution system or source other than that furnished by the system.
You have the right to:
Ask us to make an alternate pay arrangement if you are temporarily unable to pay your water bill. If you sign such an agreement with us, you give up your right to dispute the amount due under the agreement. If you do not fulfill the terms of the agreement, we will disconnect service; and we will not offer you a new pay agreement before we disconnect service.
Question whether a monthly bill is correct.
If you feel there is an error:
If you feel one month’s bill is incorrect, please call the telephone number shown on the bill before the due date. You must take timely action. If you do not question one month’s bill within the required time period, we will conclude that you feel that month’s bill is correct.
If you feel a disconnection notice is in error, please call the telephone number listed on the bill or visit our office.
We will not disconnect service for nonpayment of the disputed portion of a bill while it is being reviewed. Your right to appeal will not expire if delay on our part makes it impossible to contact the Caldwell County Water District within the required time period.
Reasons for discontinuing service:
Caldwell County Water District is authorized to discontinue or refuse to supply water service without notice, if:
- Caldwell County Water District finds that a hazard exists;
- A customer’s use adversely affects supply or
- There is evidence of tampering with metering equipment or unauthorized use.
With notice, if:
- A customer violates or fails to comply with Caldwell County Water District rules and regulations;
- A customer fails to fulfill contractual obligations;
- A customer fails to provide reasonable access to Caldwell County Water District equipment;
- A customer has not paid a delinquent account;
- A customer connects more than one dwelling to each meter.